When installing packages on the PogoPlugs running arch linux you sometimes get this error:
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
glibc: /lib exists in file system
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
You can fix it using the instructions in this post
pacman -R pcmciautils
mv /etc/profile.d/locale.sh /etc/profile.d/locale.sh.pacnew
pacman -Syu --ignore glibc
- If it asks you if you want to update pacman say n
- If it asks you if you want to replace any packages say y
- If it asks you if you want to skip any packages say y
After the installation is done:
- Say no to anything to do with pacman
- Say yes to anything else (within reason)
What Should Happen
The last step should update glibc so you don't get the errors anymore. To test it install whatever you were installing when the error occurred.