I'm creating an annotated bibliography using nikola, and added links to the PDFs online so I could download them again if needed. I called them all PDF Link but when I built the web-page I found that there were some restructured text errors in it that looked like this.
This stack overflow answer pointed me to anonymous links (which I had never heard of) to fix the problem.
Named and Anonymous Links
The form for hyperlinks that I learned used one underscore:
This creates both a hyperlink in the document and a target that other hyperlinks can use. In this case, you can create a link back to this hyperlink somewhere else in the document using this syntax:
Unfortunately this means that the text used for the link has to be unique. In order to make multiple hyperlinks with the same text in them, use two underscores:
`some link <http://some-target.com>`__
This fixed it for me. Of course now the internal targets are gone as well, but they wouldn't have worked anyway.
See the Restructured Text Hyperlink Documentatation for more details.